Thursday, November 09, 2006

Amanda is leaving us

I got the news a few days ago that Amanda soon to be known as Katie Dobson, is going to be leaving us next week. I did not know who is going to be next and now I have my answer. Her mom, dad and older sister Christy (aged 9) will be coming to get her and in the meantime Michael (aged 4) her older brother will be waiting for them in Des Moines, Iowa. I am so excited for this new adventure she is going to be having and so I am treasuring all the cuddles and hugs. The Dobson's are also going to be staying with us just like the Mahlers did (they are at the same agency). I am so grateful that we have been able to arrange this because I know it is in the best interest of the children.

Deborah is leaving to go back to Australia today. I think pieces of her heart is going to be left behind. Going on a medical trip with the babies is such an intimate experience and you grow so attached to them in a way you cannot imagine. At the same time I am picking up Jeannie and her daughter Hailey who will be staying until they meet the rest of the family to go and adopt their new baby Helina. I am so excited to see Jeannie, who has been so generous with us.

Love and laughter,
Amanda soon to be Amandaless

No comments: