Saturday, September 30, 2006

Jade is out of SICU

For those of you who have been waiting for more news about Jade: Here it is.

Jade is doing really well. She came out of SICU earlier than what I had expected. This morning at 8:30am they asked us to come and get her. She cried when she first saw me after they wheeled her out. It was so hard not to pick her up, but as soon as we got back to the ward, I laid next to her on the bed. After she could hold onto my dress, she quietened down. She is not allowed to eat as much as she did before and we only feed her every four hours and so she drinks 3 oz (100ml) so fast. She does not seem to be in very much pain except when she coughs and then she begins to cry. She has been much different than what I expected. She seems to be watching everything closely but she has picked up a fear of the nurses and cry whenever they come close. Another Susan. I am so grateful that everything is well and she is on the road to recovery.

Dr Tan thinks that Benjamin could be out of SICU on Monday or early Tuesday morning, so we will wait to hear what is happening.

Angel and Laura made it back to Xian safely and Angel is back with my little flock. Kay is doing a good job of taking care of them while I am gone. I am so grateful for her willingness to take on this big responsibility.

Love and laughter,
Amanda and the zippered duo

No comments: