Sunday, March 29, 2009

Seeing Flower

I left China for the first time in four and a half years. I was so stunned that everything seemed to come together for me to go to the US. The tickets were really cheap, I had some good people to take care of the babies, there was some Starfish business and I could meet up with some friends.

Between all the eating, visiting and scrapbooking (thanks Stephanie and Brittany) the highlight of my trip had to be seeing Flower. Angee and KG drove six hours to bring her to come and visit (Thank you so very much for that guys) . It was the first time I had seen a Starfish Alum since adoption and I was so enthralled at this beautiful child. I looked at her and my heart just swelled to know that I played a part in her life. I was so happy to see the result of all the hard work from the first year. How many times I felt on the edge of giving up and to know that it was all worth it. I could not have known just how wonderful her life has turned out but it gives me purpose to keep on going here and pray that other children will have the same kind of loving families as Flower has got. I saw so many of the things I noticed when she was a baby, the sweetest was her love for her sister. She loved babies when she was younger and that was still very evident. She also continued to be very affectionate and easily dished out hugs and kisses, and that is to say nothing about how smart she is. She will be celebrating her fourth birthday soon and has been with her family longer than what she was in China. What a triumph for any who helped while she was here.

I am sending some pictures I downloaded from Angee's blog. Yes, finally there is a picture of me, so no more reason to bug me about not posting pictures of myself. You know who you are!!!

Later today Jade is getting adopted and we are seeing another little starfish ready for her very own family. She is the oldest of the babies and Heather is now going to take over the queen bee spot. Jade is going to North Carolina and will have three sisters who have all been adopted from China. I hope in the future I will also be able to see her and witness the result of the hard work that we put into the babies, because there is no doubt that the early intervention makes a huge difference.

Life, Love and Laughter,
Amanda

Starfish Children's Services
US Tax Number: 20-4682916
Xian China
At Starfish, we have taken care of 67 children to date, arranged almost 50 surgeries and had a 19 international adoptions, so our little starfishes live all over the globe: the US (latest adoption to Maine), Netherlands, Norway and Spain. One child is matched at the moment waiting for her family. We currently have 29 babies under the age of 3 1/2 at two foster homes. We opened a new cleft palate house on February 5, 2009 and have nine babies.
www.thestarfishfosterhome.org
http://chinesestarfish.blogspot.com
NEW BLOG SITE FOR CLEFT HOME:
http://chinesestarfishcleft.blogspot.com
chinese.starfishthrower@gmail.com
Cell: 86.1348.812.4847

1 comment:

RDwannabe said...

there is no doubt as to the difference that you and Starfish has made in these precious children's lives. I'm sure it must be one of the most difficult, but rewarding, things to do. Glad to hear that Queen Jade finally has her forever family, but she will surely be missed at Starfish.