Sunday, August 03, 2008

Nicholas is Having Surgery


I got a email from Dr Li yesterday afternoon and they have decided to go ahead and do Nicholas' heart surgery next week Thursday. The infection that he had, is not completely cleared yet, but I will be flying to Hangzhou for the surgery on Wednesday. Please keep him in your prayers. He is a real fighter, our number one man. (He holds his finger up as if to say number one) We have been joking that this is to encourage the Chinese team for the Olympics. China is in a frenzy to be ready on August 8th as you can very well imagine.

I am so grateful for the care of the doctors at Zhejiang Children's Hospital. They have been so helpful and I am getting to meet more and more doctors. This time I added Drs Shi and Chen who both speak good English and are in the NICU where Nicholas has been, kept trying to get him healthy again. My stalwart, Dr Li not to mention Dr Xu. I tell him he needs to learn everything from Dr Li so he do everything that Dr Li can do. Thank you all so very much.

Life, Love and Laughter,
Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks so fragile.... hope his surgery will be succesfull! We'll be thinking of him.

Henk, Jet & Robin