Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Baby Amanda: A new Addition

I was so happy to get some photos from Amanda's family. For those of you that do not know, Amanda is one of the orginal six babies that were delivered to me on September 13, 2005 and she was adopted in December 2006. There have been some interesting developments at their home as you will see in the email that Amy and Mike wrote. As you know Spina Bifida kids are very close to my heart and I am in a position to help as many as I can. I am so grateful for doctors like Dr Bao and Lazareff who are so wiling to help and to teach me. We have three more babies right now waiting for surgery and I am sure there are many more I do not know about. Anyway here is some news from Amanda's family:

Here are some family pictures from November 2007. I love the smiles on Amanda's face. She is just the best. I think she finally has that contented smile you see in so many adoptions... in the beginning you know they smile but, not always for the camera. Low and behold, after time their smiles just sparkle thru.

Pictured is Michael (5), Christie (10), Amanda (2). Wan (18) is our 2nd year exchange student from China. She will go home for the summer but be back next year to attend Penn State in the US.
Bethany is our newest member of the family. She was adopted in July 2007 but her parents got overwhelmed with her health issues. When they disrupted her adoption we asked to adopt her. Bethany has a form of spina bifida.
I will send more pictures soon!! The girls are headed for their first trip to the beach and Disney World in a few weeks.
Amy
Life, Love and Laughter,
Amanda
Starfish Foster Home

No comments: