Thursday, April 10, 2008

Emily's surgery

As per usual there are lots of goings on here at Starfish. I found out that I have to take Emily to Shanghai. Who is Emily? Well I added a few more babies and Emily is one of them. She has a tertatoma which is a parasitic twin growing on her right buttock. The tumor-like growth is growing really fast and it is also getting more discolored and so I thought it would be best if if took it out as soon as possible. So I will be with Emily for 20 days while she is in the hospital in Shanghai. My thanks to everyone that donated to this surgery especially to the Interkom students who sponsored 20 000RMB of her to be healed.

I also got news yesterday that we will be having three adoptions in about 10 days at the beginning of May. Benjamin, Jasmine, and TianTian. We have been taking care of TianTian until her parents come. TianTian means sweet sweet and she is certainly that. Her face is wider than Breanna's. Such a friendly little thing. Her parents are going to be so happy. We got the surprising news that Danielle has gotten a family. It has only been three weeks since her adoption dossier went in so that was just huge!!!

Viola has also been added. She is another hemangioma baby like Rose as you can see from the pictures.

My most sincere congratulations to Kay and Brittany. Kay got accepted into Columbia, she and Will will be leaving to go to school in New York. Brittany was also accepted to her number one choice Harvard but I guess she still has to work at finding the money. See, I surround myself with people who are smarter than me. So think of me camping out with Emily at the hospital until the end of the month. No internet access and sleeping on a roll out chair.

Life, Love and Laughter,
AmandaStarfish Foster Home
http://chinesestarfish.blogspot.com
www.chinesestarfish.org

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

And what gorgeous babies they are... of course...

redmaryjanes said...

I will be thinking of you Amanda. I hope that the surgery goes well for little Emily.