Saturday, September 23, 2006

I cannot do math

I am in Shanghai already and I did not have time to send this letter nor did I take any pictures. You might have to wait for that. But here is what I wrote:

I made a discovery yesterday. I cannot do math. I went to the orphanage to go and pick up the two babies. I got home and counted and I had three. I just couldn't help myself. I almost choose four. I cannot be trusted to back up there because I want to take everyone of the babies home. They are all boys so that was an interesting twist.

The three stooges do not have any English names at the moment, I have decided that Kay can name them. I guess it is a lousy way of compensating her. I mean I really blind sided her. I phone and say that today you have to choose between saving a child's life or not? What can you say to that? She has no option but to agree.

I am subtracting one though. I heard that Laura's family will be coming to get her in the middle of October, right after I get back from Hangzhou. I am so glad for her. She is going to have an older brother and a loving family. I could not have wished anything better for her. My heart is quivering a little and I am worried about pain of letting go but I know that I have accomplished my mission: To help her survive, get her medical attention and then help her to get adopted. The rest...I will watch from afar and revel in her accomplishments knowing that I helped at a very critical time.

We are leaving for Shanghai later today. Three adults and the three babies. Quite the road trip! There was such a wonderful response to my request for donations. I am so grateful to all of you who helped. I will be sure to let you know how we do. I hope you will keep us in your prayers and especially the babies.

Love and laughter,
Amanda and the 17 rugrats

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the work you do. Angee, my daughter-in-law, forwarded your message about the 3 heart babies to me. I forwarded the request to everyone I know too.

I know these babies names have been added to prayer lists and hopefully money is finding its way to you also.

Thank you for all you have done for my newest granddaughter, Flower.

Love

Laura Jensen
kdlajensen@cableone.net

The Mom said...

We will be keeping the babies in our thoughts and prayers for successful surgeries and quick recoveries!!! They are all so beautiful - I can imagine it would be hard to leave any behind at the orphanage, and also to let them go :)

Prayers being sent your way!

Fatcat said...

You are helping all these babies at a very critical time! Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

Re: Can't count

You are too too funny! I'm sure that all was forgiven the minute she saw those babies faces.

Karen