Tuesday, August 08, 2006

SUSAN IS OUT OF SURGERY!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 9:44 PM PST


I just got back from the ICU. The call came sooner than what I expected. I was planning on waiting a lot longer, but it was done in four hours. Dr.Li thought the operation was easier than what he first guessed and he did not have to use the bypass machine like he anticipated because Susan's heart did not beat at 200 beats per minute.

She looks so small and frail in the bed and is hooked up to some serious monitoring devices. Dr Tan is in charge of the ICU and she studied in Houston Texas. I have been invited to go back as often as I want to. Susan will be drugged for about three hours and then they take the tubes out. It is an amazing sight to see all the babies in there. Dr.Li has operated on about 1000 children with a 98.5% survival rate. He is really proud of that. He did three yesterday and the day before did five operations.

Now we wait for another two or three days to see if the pulmonary pressure will stay lowered. It has already come down significantly.

Please continue to pray for her as she faces the next critical part in her recovery. I also had a really strange conversation with Drs. Li and Tan. They asked me if there were many people praying for her and I said thousands. I told Dr.Li that there were many people praying for him too.

I am so relieved that it went well. Heavenly Father has answered our prayers. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I thought last night that she has got to be the most prayed over child in all of China. Pretty amazing when you think of the13 billion other people.

With gratitude and love,

Amanda

No comments: