Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Success Story


Friday, March 24, 2006 at 10:08 AM PST

Today the three women who volunteer for me, took three of the babies to the hospital with the orphanage doctor, Dr. Han. When they came back Mrs. Ma told me that the doctor was really impressed with my care taking abilities. Antoinette came to me when she was just 22 days old. Today I found out that after three days her parents left her in one of best hospitals in Xian because the doctors told them that she was going to die and that she was brain damaged. The last time Dr Han saw Antoinette was the day they were delivered her to the orphanage six months ago. He could not believe his eyes when he saw her again. She is the third heaviest baby, even though she is the youngest and there is no sign of any mental problems. He thought that I had done a particularly good job with her. A success story in his eyes.

Love and Laughter,

Amanda

No comments: