Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Letter From Amanda De Lange

A Letter From Amanda!!
Monday, February 06, 2006 at 3:31 PM PST
I wanted to thank everyone so much who have contributed to Susan's operation! I am in awe of your collective power to do good. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude that you would take it upon yourselves to help this child who has landed up in the worst possble situation: Abandoned and seriously ill in China. You have brought hope in a time of great need. May she come to know how much people wanted to help her from across the ocean and just how much she was wanted, cared for and loved.

I will always treasure this special experience that I am having as we prepare Susan for her operation. She has been so valiant and brave. She has so desperately clung to life and to this malfunctioning body of hers. Four months ago, she came to me with death in her eyes. She drank only a half an ounce at a time and I cannot believe it is the same child who ate two bowls of rice cereal yesterday. She has really blossomed and shows great intelligence. I just love that little opened mouthed, toothless smile. She seems be really musical and I tell her all the time that she is going to be a pianist with those long fingers. She intently watches Baby Einstein and loves men with gruff voices.

I hope that some day soon one of you will get the news that you will adopt one of my babies. If not, please call me if you land up in Xi'an. Come and visit. I would love to hear your story and share with you the miracles that continue to happen to me.

With love and laughter,

Amanda de LangeFoster Mom to Susan and five other babies (Nina,Jonas, Antoinette, Laura and baby Amanda)

No comments: