Saturday, August 28, 2010

Adoption 33: Jasmine

On February 5, 2009, Jasmine came with a group of 9 babies to Starfish.  She became baby number 62 we had taken care of at Starfish.  She proved to be a real challenge for us.  Not only did she get sick often but she also had asthma.  It was a continual battle and hard work and I have to say that her nanny needs to be given the credit.  One morning while I was downstairs she stopped breathing and I went into a panic and I watched her turn blue.  I have to say that it felt like hours as I tried to resuscitate her.  Luckily the oxygen was right next to the sofa and I prayed as I started to do the chest compressions. Her nanny and I worked together and soon she was breathing again.  I was so grateful for God's tender mercies towards Jasmine and to me for being there and doing the right things to able to help her.  He answered my prayers and I was so grateful that I could see this child grow strong and see her being  adopted, knowing what had happened.

The one thing that stands out about Jasmine is the fierce love she had for her nanny.  No one could come any where close to her.  One day I was downstairs and Jasmine come over and sat on my lap.  I do not know who was the most surprised, me or the nanny.  After that she opened up so much and would allow other people to take care of her and to hug her. We had a really hard time getting her ready for cleft lip surgery.  When ever we thought it was time she would get sick and so it took a while before she had her lip healed. After the surgery she improved so much in all aspects.  She never became fat like other cleft babies did, but she became so much healthier.  So t hat scrawny little 3 kg baby (7 pounds) was adopted when she weight a whopping 10.8 kg (24 pounds)

Her parents decided to use Anliya as her new name and she is now living in Massachusetts with an older sister Jada.

Life, love and laughter,
Amanda

Starfish Children's Services
US Tax Number:  20-4682916
Xian China

At Starfish, we have taken care of 118 children to date, arranged more than 100 surgeries and had 38 international adoptions, so our little starfishes live all over the globe: the US, Netherlands, Norway, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Canada and in China.  Our latest adoptions took place recently and now we have a fifth baby in Holland and our first baby in Washington State. We have also added baby another baby to our count in the Netherlands.  We currently have 51 babies under the age of 3 and three foster homes. We have fifteen  babies matched and we are waiting for their families to come and get them.

www.thestarfishfosterhome.org
http://chinesestarfish.blogspot.com
http://chinesestarfishcleft.blogspot.com
Email: throwingstarfish0913@gmail.com
Cell: 86.1348.812.4847

















1 comment:

Debbie Turner Chavers said...

Amanda,
I love the progression of the happiness you can see in Jasmine's eyes as she blossoms under your care and the many wonderful people who have cared for her.
Beautiful, really beautiful.