Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Spina Bifida Mission

This is for all of you who have asked about the babies who came from the orphanages and went to Shanghai for their Spina Bifida surgeries. Everything went so well. I was so pleased because they were all fat and healthy and that makes such a huge difference when the kids have surgery because they recover so much faster. As a matter of fact the four youngest were released from the hospital today and are getting the train home. They all were little heart thieves since so many people fell in love with them. I hope to keep in contact with their adoption progress and hope to let you know.
I did not have a camera so I have no pictures to share with you right now but I will write some emails to beg some off other people.
My deepest gratitude to Dr Jorge and Dr Barbara for coming to China. The news I got from them, is the two of them is that they recently got married. I wish them a long and happy married life. They really looked like newly weds and I thought Dr Barbara just glowed when she looked at her husband. There was definitely a different look about the two of them this time. Also, thank you also to the rest of their team. I appreciate their time and effort so very much.
I would also like to thank the many volunteers who come to give such selfless service to the nannies and to the babies. I appreciate their efforts so much. The nannies with the babies could not believe all the good food and the care that you heaped on them. Thank you to Chris and Marianne who put me up for the first few days and Dan and Trish with whom I stayed for the last few days. Yes, you read that right. I did not sleep at the hospital this time. No fold out chair for me.

Life, Love and Laughter,
Amanda
Starfish Foster Home
Cell: 1348.812.4847

2 comments:

Jet said...

So glad to hear everything went well!

Jet

We5Chois said...

Amanda,

It was great to meet you and your wonderful babies and ayi's. I hope we do get to follow these incredible children as they move forward healthier and more loved than ever before. They sure were heart breakers, each and every one of them. It was a pleasure to spend time with you. After reading your blog since way back, in was an incredible experience to get to meet you in person. I hope out paths continue to cross in the future. being a part of this mission was one of the most fulfilling times I have had so far. I can't wait to do it again next year.
Kim C