Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Sean Update

Since there have been so many people who are interested in how Sean is doing, I thought I would send you a quick update. Since Wednesday he is much more hydrated and is sucking so much better. I use Playtex bottles and they have these bags that you can squeeze and the milk flows much faster so the baby does not have to suck so much. This has really benefited Sean because he was able to suck four or five times and then he would stop. He is throwing up some but I am sure sure over the next few weeks this will also stop being so frequent. This morning I heard a loud cry out of the room, one that I did not recognise and I am well versed in the cries of all 12. He is showing some emotions and that is great because he has the energy to do that. It shows he is definitely improving. Sarah did not pick up any weight in the first 10 days she was here. The antibiotics did not help but she at least maintained her weight. We were so worried about her. Sean has already added 0.10 kg and we when we weighed him a few minutes ago he added another 0.05 kg. We are hoping that by tomorrow it will be another 0.05kg and that will meet the paediatrician's expectation. We will be seeing Dr Hicks again tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers on his behalf and for your concern.

2 comments:

Evelyn, Chris, Carson and Laura Joan said...

Hi Amanda,

Sean is so beautiful. I look forward to watching his progress. I am creating a blogspot for my family and I am trying to figure out how to make your web site a link. Our site is Mahlermusings.blogspot.com. We don't even have to have a www. which I haven't figured out why yet. I'm still learning. God Bless You and Thank you for all the lives you are saving.
Love Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
I have been following your blog for a while. How do I make a financial contribution to you.
Ann Breitweiser
Grand Rapids, MI
a.breit@comcast.net